Our office will be closed on Monday, July 4th so our team can celebrate Independence Day with their family and friends. In honor of the holiday, here are some fun ways to enjoy the long weekend:
- Celebrate Denver style–Cheer on the Colorado Rapids and watch fireworks after the game, go to a concert at Red Rocks or sign up for a run in Wash Park – http://www.denver.org/things-to-do/denver-holiday-events/denver-4th-july/
- Go up to the mountains – Just as Denver heats up, cool off in the mountains and arrange for a trail ride via horseback, a round of golf or take the lift up at the ski resort. Here is a link to happenings at one of our favorite towns, Breckenridge. http://www.gobreck.com/events/fourth-of-july
- Be in a parade – Many local neighborhoods have small parades that allow the kids to participate by walking, riding bikes, or riding in wagons. Half the fun is decorating or dressing up. Ask your HOA what is planned for your neighborhood.
- Find that pancake breakfast—Many communities, churches or local service organizations will be hosting a pancake breakfast. A chance to eat great food and support your community. http://www.stapletoncommunity.com/programs/signature-events/4th-of-july-pancake-breakfast-parade
- Host a BBQ potluck style–Provide the main course and invite your friends to bring their favorite beverage and a side. Have fruit and ice cream for dessert to stay cool. Here is a quick recipe for 4th of July fruit kabobs. https://www.menus4moms.com/american-flag-fruit-kabobs/
- Go camping–You live in Colorado, need we say more? Pack up the tent and head to your favorite spot to enjoy the Colorado outdoors. http://www.uncovercolorado.com/best-camping-colorado/
- Visit a National Park–Whether you head up to Rocky Mountain National Park or down to the Great Sand Dunes, Colorado has a ton of beautiful scenery and wildlife to keep you entertained. https://www.nps.gov/state/co/index.htm
- Arrange a neighborhood activity–Summer is the perfect time to host an outdoor movie in your backyard, a pick-up kick ball game or a competitive game of corn hole. https://www.babble.com/home/how-to-host-an-outdoor-movie-night-in-5-simple-steps/#rooftop-movie
Most importantly, have fun and be safe!